This is a watered down version of what I should be saying, but those concerned will know what I am talking about.
When I first started my blog, the purpose was to vent and gain outside perspective on what we are living through. I had intended my blog to be and to remain anonymous and I thought that by removing identifying factors in my posts that I would be able to keep all parties concerned anonymous. Blogging also helped to cement ideas and memories in my own mind and to be able to retrieve them, if needed, at a later date. I found it very therapeutic, but perhaps not for the right reasons.
I made a gross error in judgment. Upon reflection, likely more than once. By posting emails and information from our own court documents I may have compromised anonymity. I am deeply sorry for any problems or difficulties this may cause for Jonquil or anyone else involved. It was never my intention, but that doesn't mitigate the damage. The responsibility for this breach, real or potential, lays only with me.
When I first started blogging I thought it would be more helpful than it was. Lately, I have found that it only increases my anger and frustration as I rehash the latest drama. Not so good for the soul. I assumed that neither Narcissus nor the children would find this blog (and I believe that they have not) and I didn't see the bigger picture. There are other people to be considered. I meant no one any harm as I vented, not even Narcissus. But meaning no harm does not always related to doing no harm. I hope that I did no harm but only time will tell.
I continue to be angry about the turmoil we find our lives in and I continue to fear for the future of my marriage. I am angry and I feel that I have good cause to be, but I need to turn my efforts to protecting my family, my children and my stepchildren.
It is for these reasons that I have decided to remove the contents of my blog. I thank you all for reading and for the support and encouragement your comments have offered to me. What our family is going through has not been easy on us as individuals, on my marriage or on the family unit as a whole. We will continue to do what we need to do to heal our family and hopefully make it whole again.
The views I have expressed in my blog posts are my own, and no one else should be held accountable. It is my sincere hope that it remains that way.
As you move forward in your own blogging, please keep this post in mind. Although we assume that if there are no names our posts remain anonymous, that is clearly not the case. You, like me, may end up hurting other people. Please be careful what you post and consider how those posts will affect others involved. Clearly, I lost sight of that.
Perhaps when it is all over I will make a post to let you know the outcome. I have not yet decided if I will continue to blog in any way, but if I do, it will not be about ongoing court issues - maybe I will just tell you about my first flat tire.
Until then, I will continue to read your blogs and I hope you will keep my family in your thoughts.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you are ok. Coincidentally, I sort of had the same idea about my blog today. I'll be thinking about you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI'm really sorry to read this and know it means even additional stress on your family and you. I must admit I quit blogging earlier this year for similar reasons. Steplife is a difficult journey...I pray yours will find a way to a more peaceful and easier situation.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you and your family. I hope all will turn out well.
ReplyDeleteFrom time to time I think we can all take a few steps back and ask ourselves are if we ever really anonymous? Thank you for sharing your difficult experience with us so that we can all be more mindful too. I hope everything works out and if you do start blogging again, even about a flat tire, or a bad hair day or any of the other million and one things that happen just because we are human"beans" I'm sure it will be just as great as this one. Take care. - G
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that you're struggling! Makes alot of sense though to take a step back when the blog is counterproductive - for whatever reason. You're making a very smart tough decision. I'm really going to miss your blog though. I really enjoy your blog and look forward to reading your insights and humor and how you manage your way through life. I'll be looking forward updates - please don't leave us for good!
ReplyDeleteGood luck - take care of yourself!
I am definitely keeping you and your family in my thoughts and sending positive energy your way. I hope that you and Jonquil are able to find some midway point of peace sooner than later. Take Care! and please do let me know if you decide to do an update.
ReplyDeleteSorry to see you go, but I completely understand your thoughts behind it. I hope all is ok in your family with whatever brought this one. I too am thinking of you and your family (and the struggle) and hope that all works out for you! Keep being the strong woman that you are!
ReplyDeleteAs much as I'm sorry to see you go, sounds like you are a making a sound decision. It's true, we really never know how anonymous we are; technology can do scary things these days. Thanks for all you've done for the smom community. Your family will remain in my thoughts.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Sorry to hear this, I am sure it was a tough decision. But as you said, the point of a blog is to relieve stress, and if that isn't being accomplished, there is no reason to continue to just cause yourself more turmoil. Good luck with everything, and Best Wishes to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI'm sad to see you go too but I understand. (Been there and had to make my blog private thanks to a stalker/ex.) Good luck with everything and I hope it works out for you. If it's any consolation to your DH, my cousin went through something extremely similar. The girls came back to her -- it's not the greatest relationship but I would have never ever thought they would have even had one at all, given how vengeful their dad was about it. So my best wishes to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteif you do decide to start blogging again let me know!
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming back and letting us know what is going on in your world. I hope your journey finds you in peace someday. That's what I wish for all our step-families. It's not easy, that's for sure.
ReplyDelete